Slurry Beta

Infrequent ruminations on nothing.

Friday, November 03, 2006

WTF, Hallmark? Seriously, WTF?

In a fit of rage, I almost gave up on my Hallmark Keepsake Disney Christmas ornament collection. The prospect of me purchasing a “Sing-a-long Pals” ornament this year is in serious jeopardy. Don’t get me wrong, it’s probably the sweetest ornament Hallmark has put out since they re-released the rare 1965 “Tigger Goes to Hollywood” miniature in 1997. But two days ago, just one day after Halloween mind you, Hallmark ran a Christmas commercial on prime time TV. I realize the desire for companies to maximize on the commercial gluttony of Christmas but that’s WAY too early, especially if you’re something as completely stupid as the “Very Merry Trio” for $14.95. Damn, that's really stupid looking. Penguins in earmuffs? Hallmark may have ruined my Christmas already, which is bad news for my family as I am notoriously cranky on Christmas day. I have no idea why, but it’s been going on for so long that it’s tradition at this point. Christmas tree, lights, turkey dinner, Slurry B shames family. Happy birthday, Jesus.

Anyway, it got me thinking that I probably don’t have too many posts left before the end of the year so I need to start getting in some “Year End” lists in before it’s too late. I’m not going to do a Top Ten list because that’s too many for me. DePue runs a “My Top Five” over on his blog so I’m going to go ahead and one up that shit with a few “Year End Top Six” lists. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what was that sound? i think it was the sound of God himself writing up a one way ticket to HELL for one mr angel moroni!

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are dissing Hallmark like this. Don't you know that Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments are the perfect way to celebrate every pastime, passion and hobby and that you can and should enjoy the unsurpassed quality and craftsmanship of the 2006 Hallmark Keepsake Ornament collection?

Common sense, SlurryB, common sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home