Slurry Beta

Infrequent ruminations on nothing.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sentimental Beta

Well, the time has come. Goodbye Week 2007 has officially ended. The nights were late, the mornings were rough but I must say I'm extremely satisfied with the way I've been sent off to the great Midwest. Thanks to all my beloved enablers out there.

So the week culminated in a big going away blowout last night and, readers, it was one for the ages. Nothing says goodbye like way too many tequila shots, 80's hip-hop, and perhaps a little too much hugging. I like to hug it out when I get drunk sometimes. Deal with it.

Of course, moving away is always bittersweet. The real bummer is that toward the end of a tenure somewhere you tend to spend more, meaningful time with the friends you're leaving behind, which obviously makes it tougher to go. Except for an awkward work lunch where my office's receptionist told me she loved me (I said thanks) and my replacement became inappropriately physical after a pitcher of margaritas, it was one of the best weeks I can remember. I'm truly fortunate to know so many high quality people.

Tomorrow is my last day here before DC Josh, his cat, and I begin a 22 hour moving van road trip to my beloved Midwest. I would say the major X-factor here is going to be Josh's cat, who's basically a feline version of a hyperactive eight year old. He also often confuses me for prey and has a strange fascination with my feet. It's practically guaranteed to be an eventful trip so I'll be blogging live via blackberry during the day. God knows I'll have the time. Hopefully I'll have the wireless service.

3 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

There were no awkward hugs when the beta left Minnie V 1.0. There were only manly tears, shed in solitude....

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger m said...

How many drunk IM's did you send out? That is not a very classy thing to do, ya know.

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beta, what is your 612 ETA and what is on your itinerary? Need help moving into your closet, i mean, room?


sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home