Slurry Beta

Infrequent ruminations on nothing.

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Man is all up on me

Yesterday, I received a ticket for jaywalking. I was crossing the street in my usual way after fetching my morning beverage (used to be coffee, now Superfood) and I was summoned over by a cop standing on the corner. He wrote me and three others for a 25 dollar jaywalking ticket while two mounted officers looked on and pondered the significance of their jobs.

Okay, I admit it. I crossed an empty street against a red light so technically, I deserved the ticket. But it just seems slightly ridiculous that, living in one of the most dangerous cities in the United States, they bother detailing police officers to Capitol Hill street corners to catch a handful of office workers on their way to the coffee shop. I witness felonies in my own back yard on a daily basis.

Well, The Man got the best of me this time but I'm going to keep on shining. Patiently. While I wait for a green light.

3 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Rick Shaw said...

you didn't actually pay this right?

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger m said...

Hahaha, nice comment Kraemerica.

I've never met anyone who actually got a ticket for jaywalking. That's awesome. For me, anyway.

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't Vietnam Beta, there are rules.
Moroni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home