Slurry Beta

Infrequent ruminations on nothing.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Week in review.

Actually, first a review of two weeks ago. My parents and sister came out for five days and we walked a million miles around DC with millions of other fanny packed, camera toting, escalator cloggers. It was a weekend full of revelations; I discovered that my sister can’t read a map and that my dad, Slurry D, can put away an impressive amount of beers when he’s 2000 miles away from his “turf” and not constantly on call. After 25 years it was finally confirmed that he is, in fact, my real father. I had a hunch but that weekend confirmed it.

Last weekend I went to Alexandria, VA for an all day, all you can eat, all you can drink, crawfish boil with Rebecca and her Tulane friends. Honestly, I can’t think of a better Saturday. All day we played bocci ball and Frisbee in the middle of a huge park while drinking an endless supply of ice cold keg beer. Reminded me of Minnesota if only for one day.

Last night I stayed up until 1 AM watching the NBA playoffs. Although TNT made every attempt to get me to shut off the TV (having Reggie Miller call the game, playing a montage during the Spurs/Mavs game with that ridiculously lame Moby song dubbed over the top, shoving constant X-Men 3 cross-promotion down my throat, etc.) I stuck with and was rewarded in the fourth quarter when Michael Finley posterized Eric “Contract Year Extraordinaire” Dampier. Great ending, too, although Dirk had plenty of time for a put back on Terry’s missed shot, which would have been his defining moment and right up there with Derek Fisher’s turn around, fade away buzzer beater against the Lakers a few years ago.

That'll bring you up to speed. Consider your lives better for reading this. (sarcasm)

One final note: my brother, Greg, turned 21 yesterday. Happy birthday, buddy. Let’s hope it went better than mine did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home